Thursday 2 February 2012

The Engagement of Chad & Angie

I have a confession to make... I am a hopeless romantic and just LOVE weddings! So can you imagine my excitement when Chad, one of my husband's closest friends, asked me to make an engagement ring for his gorgeous girlfriend Angie. The bigger shock though, was that this big, burly, motor mechanic had been scouring the internet for weeks and had chosen all the design features of the ring he wanted made!

Chad and Angie's white gold and diamond engagement ring.
The center stone is a claw-set, quarter carat, round brilliant cut diamond under which lies twelve channel-set, princess cut diamonds. All diamonds are GSi.
Soon after, I popped up to visit the happy couple at their stunning rural property near Orange, New South Wales. Secretly slipping the ring to Chad, I knew that he had chosen perfectly and Angie would love it. A few weeks later, very quietly and without a fuss, Chad made his proposal.

Bride and Groom-to-be: Chad and Angela at their engagement party.
How very special it was to be part of such a significant moment in the lives of two people that I love. Last September, about a year after their engagement, Chad and Angie were married. I'll share some stories from their beautiful wedding soon.

Love from The Jeweller. xx

1 comment: