Sunday 22 April 2012

The Jeweller in Arabia Part Two- Pattern Inspiration

So, as previously mentioned, I have recently returned from a trip to the United Arab Emirates. As a child I loved the Disney film 'Aladdin', watching the video over and over again. So you can imagine how thrilled I was to find myself amongst a real life Arabian paradise. Apart from being safe, immaculately clean and loads of fun, everything in Dubai is just BEAUTIFUL! The attention to detail is beyond anything I have ever seen. Artworks of geometric patterns adorn the facades of buildings, bridges and street lamps. Everywhere I looked there was something to be admired, photographs waiting to be taken. Here is a montage that I have created to show you some of these beautiful embellishments.
My new found love for Islamic art is the perfect inspiration for a new jewellery range. The ideas are flowing in thick and fast. But first, I need to catch up on all the work I put off over the last couple of months! So off to the workbench I go. More tales soon. :-)

Love from The Jeweller. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment